Natural Arthritis Relief through Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care
There are many forms of spinal arthritis, osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Most arthritis is the result of trauma, however rheumatoid and psoriatic are classified as autoimmune in origin. Upper Cervical Chiropractic has been found to be useful in treating these conditions as well as Leaky Gut Syndrome, which has been linked to the beginning of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis. More and more individuals are experiencing natural arthritis relief through Upper Cervical Care.
Arthritis, when broken down into its Latin meaning, literally means “joint inflammation.” In the United States, it is estimated that 52.5 million Americans have been diagnosed with some form of arthritis.(1) In this article, we would like to discuss types of arthritis and explain what causes arthritis. Then we would like to offer some simple strategies that can help you heal from arthritis naturally.
Types of Spinal Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis or Degenerative Joint Disease
Rheumatoid Arthritis is chronic inflammation in joints, blood vessels, and other body systems. Unlike the wear-and-tear damage of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis affects the lining of your joints. This causes a painful swelling that can eventually result in bone erosion and joint deformity. (2)
Psoriatic Arthritis often affects individuals who have Psoriasis. This type of arthritis occurs when your body’s immune system begins to attack healthy cells and tissue. The abnormal immune response causes inflammation in your joints and, consequently, overproduction of skin cells. The symptoms of psoriatic arthritis often resemble those of rheumatoid arthritis because both diseases cause joints to become painful, swollen and warm to the touch. (3)
Degenerative arthritis is the body’s best attempt at healing from an injury. When a person suffers from whiplash trauma, the tissue injury and joint misalignment cause structural adaptation in the spine. In some cases, normal spinal curves are lost. Then tight muscles result and the lack of motion in some joints predisposes them to degenerative changes. When this process occurs, the person can feel restriction of ranges of motion, muscles stiffness, inflammation, and chronic pain. Conventional medical care prescribes physical therapy and/or painkillers and anti-inflammatory medication to manage symptoms.
What Can You Do To Help Heal Degenerative Arthritis?
There are many supplements and foods that can help reduce inflammation and give your body the proper building blocks to repair damaged joint tissue:
- Take a Gelatin Supplement-(Great lakes Gelatin): This supplement gives your body all the nutrients it needs to repair joint tissue. It is also a great healer of a damaged gut wall, which has been shown as an underlying cause of some types of arthritis.(4)
- Take Omega 3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation and increase joint fluidity.(5)
- Limit or reduce foods that cause inflammation in the body:
• Refined vegetable oils (like canola, corn and soybean oils, which are high in pro-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids).
• Pasteurized dairy products (common allergens) and conventional meat, poultry and eggs, which contain added hormones, antibiotics and omega-6s that contribute to inflammation.
• Refined carbohydrates and processed grain products and added sugars (found in the majority of packaged snacks, bread, condiments, canned items,etc.).
• Trans fats/hydrogenated fats (used in packaged/processed products).
- Arthritis Relief with Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care.
Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care and Arthritis Relief
If abnormal joint motion (which results from whiplash injury) underlies arthritis, then what can you do to prevent or improve arthritis conditions?
Upper Cervical Care is a little-known health care procedure whose goal is to restore stability in the upper cervical spine that has been damaged. Upper Cervical Doctors are trained in locating and correcting areas of the upper neck which are structurally misaligned and, as a result, causing interference to the central nervous system. By correcting these areas of disturbance, the central nervous system function improves, joint motion increases, stiffness in the muscles reduces and overall health improves.
Our office in Springfield has seen many different types of arthritis respond to Upper Cervical Care. Rheumatoid Arthritis, even though it is an autoimmune condition responds favorably to upper cervical care. Other types of arthritis such as osteoarthritis and conditions that result from DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease) can also significantly improve under upper cervical care.
Upper Cervical Springfield offers a free consultation to see if Upper Cervical Care can benefit you for arthritis relief.